Thursday, September 11, 2014

Daily BITUB- "Remembering"

We all have memories of that day.  Where we were, what we felt and the thoughts of the aftermath of what was to come.  I remember being in NC and all the planes being grounded so I couldn't get home.  I was scared, nervous and in disbelief of what was happening.  I prayed a lot that week for my family, friends and for God to help those who were feeling lost in the moment.  I prayed that they would have strength and I prayed they felt the love and support of all the prayers that were coming their way.  I knew there wasn't much more I could do then believe as best I could for those that were going to find it hard to believe for quite some time.  A week later when we were able to fly again I remember having a knot in my stomach.  It honestly didn't subside for the entire flight.  It was a quiet flight... No one talked, moved or slept.  Once on the ground though I remember looking at everyone getting off the plane, and what I noticed is that we all had that look of relief.  We smiled, we laughed and as several people did I stopped bowed my head and thanked God for a safe flight.  I thanked him for the day, for the possibility of tomorrow and for keeping hope alive in our lives evident by the smiles of the people around me.  I thanked him in advance for all the things I knew He would do in the years to come as we faced the aftermath.  I prayed for peace, for faith and for love.  

Today as we remember I urge you to take a moment and bow your head and pray for all those still searching for an answer in their hearts for that day.  Pray for strength, pray for their ability to find comfort through God.  Pray for this country, for our brothers and sisters fighting wars for our freedom.  Pray and give thanks that today we are here, that we all have the ability to make a difference in our own way and that we appreciate life by living it to the best of our ability each and everyday.

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and have a blessed day. 

DC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts