Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Daily BITUB- “New Year’s Thoughts”

Often times we sit and think about what our resolutions will be. We make these decisions about how we will change, how we will pursue, how we will evolve. We are determined, we are passionate, we are focused… Until we aren't. When I look back at 2019 there are many defining moments for me. There were some big moments that shook me, there were subtle moments that mended me, and there were moments where I realized who and what I needed to have in my life. There were things I realized I needed to fix, things I needed to discard, and things that needed to be overhauled. There were moments I reached my wits end, threw up my hands, gave up, gave in, and lost faith. There were moments I sat in silence beating myself up and refused to listen to the noise around me of comfort, of understanding, of prayers. There were moments my pride didn't allow me to ask for help. There were moments I was selfish, uncaring, guarded. There were moments I wanted to give more, but ended up taking more. Then there were beautiful moments of realization, of the light turning on, of the path becoming clear. There were moments I fell into the arms of my family and my wife exhausted and moments where I simply let myself fall into God's hands. There were good moments where I was able to do good things, and moments I exceeded my limitations and pushed myself more than I ever have. As I walk into 2020 I am not interested in resolutions, promises, proclamations, but rather I will put my energy into doing all I can to simply be better than I was yesterday. To continue to learn about myself, about others, about influence, about what really matters and why it does. I will do all I can to keep learning more about what it means to have faith, to accept God's grace, to be a better husband, father, brother, and friend. I won't pretend I can do it, but I will be honest about my desire to try. I will pray every day for strength, for guidance, for faith, and give thanks to all of you who continue to be a part of the journey, of the path, of God's blessings, and for allowing me to Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU.

Happy New Year every one and my prayer for all of us today is that we realize our potential, we inspire, we are motivated, we are grateful for the ability to make 2020 blessed.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts