Friday, April 19, 2019

Daily BITUB- “Easter”

"Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." -John 19:28-30

I told my wife this week how much this Easter/Lenten season meant to me. I grew up cradle catholic. I have spent many years going through the stations of the cross and discussing that God gave us His only Son so that our sins could be forgiven. I have celebrated the resurrection on Easter and have been grateful and blessed by what it all means. Yet that meaning was more of a thought. A thought that Jesus died for everyone's sins, but it never really hit home for me like this year. Maybe it is because I truly am focused on letting God be my life rather than be a part of it. Maybe it's because I am experiencing what it means to feel and appreciate God's many blessings. Maybe it's because I feel more connected to a church family today more than I have in years. Maybe it's because I've sat, thought, reflected, and asked God why He gives me so many blessed opportunities to serve Him when I feel like I don't deserve it, and He continues to answer me in His time and His way. This Lenten season I have felt the true meaning of it for me. I have felt that God have His only Son to forgive my sins. I understand that it was for everyone, but I feel the personal connection and feel the emotion of what is to come in three days. We feel sorrow, grace, blessed, loved, hope, faith, emotional, safe, saved, and my heart is full and broken all at once. In my heart, my mind, my soul I can feel God working through me and for once I get the true meaning and significance of what it means in John 3:16... "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Happy Easter everyone and Believe in the Unbelievable that is God and all He does in our lives today and everyday! 

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts