Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Daily BITUB- “Promises”

I wrote this years ago and today its meaning once again finds its way into my heart. 

Things happen and when they happen to us it is natural to think of how things may have been different. We ponder the things we could, should and would have done. The reality is you can't change how things unfolded sometimes. It's the aftermath. It's the promises you make to be better. As much as we say "we promise" it doesn't matter unless we commit to it and see it through. It may not be something you do overnight. It may not be something big. It may be a small moment, like smiling, calling, talking, laughing, telling stories, remembering the past, hugging longer, cherishing an instance you simply find joy in. For me, I have made promises to myself before I didn't keep.  Promises to be a better friend, to remind my family how much I love them, and need them. Promises to my friends to be honest even when it hurts, to watch out for them, to look them up when I'm around and to hold them up when they are down. Promises to simply be appreciative more of the life I have and to share it each and every day with as many people as I can. Promises to not be so busy creating life I forget to live. Promises to myself that can still be kept. Yes, chances are we all have promises we haven't been keeping and things happen that remind us of them. Maybe we just put them aside, but it's always a good time to pick them back up. Always a good time to start keeping them and to ensure that we live our lives in appreciation of the beauty God places before us each and every day. That is one promise we should all make, and then do our best to make it a priority to keep it. 

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU, and my prayer for you today is you keep those promises that help take you, make you, and keep you exactly where you should be.

Have a blessed day. 

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts