Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Daily BITUB- “Angels in Flight”

Some days and some moments...

As I was flying home yesterday an older lady sat next to me and struck up a conversation. Normally I'm a headphones in flyer. Though I thought I'd listen for a few as the flight had already been delayed 2 hours.
She was in a cheerful and talkative mood so I thought I would just enjoy her positive energy. She asked about my trip and I told her I was visiting my GA family, and told her all about them. I said I had to get back as I had some commitments, but my beautiful wife and babies were getting a few more days. I was grateful for that. She told me she was visiting her son in law, daughter and grandchildren. Told me all about her experiences and life. I enjoyed it, but one thing she told me struck me as good, solid, life wisdom. She told me that her daughter was all about the latest styles, fads, and trends. She told me her husband, who had passed, would always say that what never goes out of style is family, memories, and love. As I thought more about it I smiled. How often do we want the latest gear, the new technology, the new clothes only to want something different as that trend passes? It's easy to get caught up in it and miss the beauty of memories, moments, people, intentional interactions, blessings, love, family. We all do it and try as we might not to we will do it again. Though the appreciation of those moments God gives us have meant so much more as of late. Simply because I've taken a moment to appreciate the reasons we do what we do, the people we live for, the moments that take our breath away, the special people that bring pure joy to our lives, and the many blessings God bestows upon us each and every day. 

Grateful for the angel sitting next to me who reminded me. We can always use a reminder and can always use an angel.

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you take a breath, give a moment, enjoy a blessing. Take it in and appreciate that you can and you should. Every chance you get. 

Have a blessed day friends and family. 


DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts