Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Better than Yesterday”

Over the years I have often started the day with telling myself to simply be better than I was yesterday. Now some days that worked out, but some days it didn't. Often the days that it didn't were the days I was focused on what others were doing.  The days I watched life go by rather than participating. The days I gossiped a little more, the days I wasn't kind, the days I decided I didn't want to help others… Those days I wasn't better. The days I didn't give my all, the days I let my team down, the days I let myself down. There were days that I got angry for no reason, and days I said things I wish I hadn't. There were moments I wish I could have taken back, but the damage was done… Those days I wasn't better. There were days I stayed in bed instead of going to church. Days I didn't pray for anything or anyone. Days I drank more than I should. Days I cussed more than I needed to. There were days I wasn't a good friend, wasn't a good husband, wasn't a good brother, father, Christian. Those days I wasn't better. There is an old Hindu Proverb that says, "The goal is not to be better than the other man, but to be better than your previous self." So, I don't judge others, I don't pretend that every day I will be better. I know that some days I am. Some days I will be. That everyday despite what I do, God still loves me, and God willing I get another day. Another day where I'll start by telling myself to simply be better than I was yesterday.
Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer today is that no matter what you did yesterday, you find the beauty, the comfort and the blessing in being able to do all you can to be better… In life, in love, in faith.
Have a blessed weekend all.

DC
"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

Follow Me:

Website:
Twitter:
FB:
Believe in the Unbelievable Page
Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts