Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Failure”

I read a comment yesterday about failure. Someone said they were tired of failing. They were tired of losing. I thought about it, and decided to chime in which initiated a one on one conversation. It was insightful to hear the reasoning behind their emotions, but I was still bothered by the notion of how they defined failure. Their assessment was 100% off the opinions of others. It was some grading system they devised in their heads about how others looked at them, how others judged them, how others dictated who and where they were. We have all been there and we've all allowed people to determine our worth. We've based our esteem off their measurement. A measurement you wonder how they themselves stack up against. It all really comes down to whose test are we taking. If we learn, grow, experience and come out with a better understanding is that a fail? Maybe we didn't reach that benchmark we set, maybe we faced setbacks, a loss, but if we find strength, wisdom, clarity was it a waste of our time? I've failed many times. I've lost more times. When I stopped letting others assess what that meant and became determined to use it and to grow then my "failures" started to have meaning. They started to become the catalysts for wanting more, doing more, being better than I was yesterday. Then wouldn't you know it God chimed in... I saw a post that said, "I am tired of failing, and God said whose test are you taking?" 

At the end of the day isn't that test the only one that will really matter?

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you find the strength in experiences that shape you and that you allow those moments to bring you closer to God. 

Have a blessed day!

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts