Thursday, March 19, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Quarantined or Blessed”

Written last night... 

Am I really quarantined or am I blessed?
 
I got to walk outside and even got a little sunshine in between the nice rain that I also stood in for a minute. I got to sit, breathe, and read in a small break in my day and learn more about what it means to be a servant leader. I got to work on plans to ensure that people are able to continue to work and live. I made my favorite coffee and had several online meetings to discuss plans for what could be a longer "inconvenience". I took a few minutes to pray for those who couldn't go out or those who may not have any outlets that I have to occupy their anxiety. I prayed for those without jobs now wondering what is to come. I prayed and gave thanks for the doctors, nurses, first responders and military that are out doing what we can't. I prayed for the elderly and the sick. I prayed for a clear head and patience. I prayed for the seniors that don't get the time that we had in school. I prayed for those missing vacations, the concerts that are being cancelled, the plans that are being changed, schedules that are being upended. I prayed people put what's really important into perspective. I found some solace and light that I can see families being families on line. Some reconnecting with what really matters. I got to see a post from someone talking about watching old movies and introducing their kids to ET, Happy Days, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and the Back to the Future series. I reminisced. I saw people doing Zumba with each other via video. I saw teachers reaching out to their students with activities to complete and even had video sessions to laugh and see their faces. I saw people working from home and was happy to know they were able to. I saw a lot of positive, a lot of good, a lot of faith, a lot of hope, a lot of trust, a lot of kindness and an infinite amount of God's Grace at work. As I sit here on my computer with the office growing quieter ready to go home and see my family I'll make a round around here to thank those still here working. It was a good day and I'm grateful. So, I ask myself again... 

Am I really quarantined or am I blessed?

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you are able to find the light in this situation, realize God is still in control and we simply need to do our part to help Him do His work. 

Have a blessed and health day.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts