Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Anxious”

 I've read a lot of posts, emails, and had discussions with people about anxiety. Let's face it these are anxious times. It's easy to be filled with anxiety over all the things we are hearing, reading, and seeing. The stress can overwhelm you if you allow yourself to focus on what you don't control instead of what you do. There are going to be decisions made over the next few weeks that will create even more anxiety. People will be judged by those decisions. We will lean towards judgement ourselves. Thing is, we don't know other's situations. So don't base your thinking on what others are doing. Don't be so quick to assume intent. Think about where you are and what you must do. You know what needs to happen for your circumstances. Nobody will decide those things for you. Put your focus on what matters. Not the want to get out, but the need to be out. Not the want to play, but the need to work, to provide, to live. There will be guidelines to follow... Follow them if you need to be out. Put your energy into what you can influence and what you will control. You may find yourself reassessing the situation often.  It's not going to be easy, but none of this is. As much as I don't want to be anxious I get anxious. As much as I don't want to worry I do. I worry about my family, my friends, my ability to support, help, guide, listen. Jack Nicklaus once said, "Concentration is a fine antidote to anxiety." So, I concentrate on the good, the positive, the impact of my actions. I do what I can that is in my control. At the end of the day we can be anxious or we can influence the outcome for the greater good. We can pray and not judge. It's really that simple, and breaking it down certainly eases the anxiety in as much as it can be eased. 

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you remember we will all face anxious times, but we can remember our faith. We can give it to God to help pull us through. As it is written, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6) Present it and then pay attention to the answered prayers.

Have a blessed and healthy day everyone. 

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts