Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Thankful Hearts”

I was feeling pretty mentally worn out yesterday. It happens, and as we go through and try to do all we can we will find those instances where people will do their best to stifle the good. It's part of the process and part of the reality that it's difficult to please everybody. It's even more difficult to help people understand that things we do, things put in place, and set expectations are there sometimes for their own good. I've yet to run into a rule that did not have purpose. We may not like it, but it's there. So, as I let myself get frustrated with the moment and one person draw my attention from all the good, I looked up and saw a quote my mother-in-law wrote for me in 2005. "The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings" - Henry Ward Beecher. It reminded me that if we let it there is always bad, negative, frustration to be found... If we let ourselves walk with unthankful hearts or focus on those hearts of others. It's the thankful one that gives us the perspective and attitude we need, especially in times like this, to find the blessings. Thank you God for putting that in my path, and thank you Donna (who I know is reading this) for the reminder even from hundreds of miles away. We love you!

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you face the day with a thankful heart, giving praise to God for He is good and gratitude to everyone doing all they can to lift so many up.

Have a blessed and healthy day.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts