Monday, March 22, 2021

Daily BITUB- “Relatable Influence”

I remember the first time I was blessed to speak to a group of students. I was in Shreveport and my heart was racing and my stomach was in knots. I was thinking who am I to be here? What if I say the wrong thing? What if nobody cares? I am sure not famous or have some great sport story to share. In my head I thought that's what these kids want. I sat in the corner on a bench and just tried to breathe. I thought about my mom and how she would always tell me to just be myself. I thought about what that meant and again just breathed. I honestly can't tell you what all I spoke about that day, but I do remember telling the group to remember that somewhere at some point we all will influence someone. That we will determine if that influence is a positive experience or not. I had one teacher tell me to never stop being relatable, and that what I said mattered.  I wasn't sure what that meant at the time, and maybe I don't entirely know what it means now. From that point on though, I would go on to speak at many schools, businesses, church groups and share my story. It has evolved over time as my story continues to evolve. My understanding of things past have changed as I have learned more about what a blessing really is, what lessons I had long forgotten meant, and how much we influence our journey. Not everyone will get us. Not everyone will need to hear our story. That doesn't mean you don't share it. One person is all it takes. One person who took something from you and it mattered. I encourage people to speak up and speak out. Someone may need that blessing today. You might just be someone's answered prayer. I spoke a few weeks ago, and that feeling of nervousness and the knots in my stomach we're still there. What I've come to realize is that those are signs it matters to me, and when I don't feel it, then it might be time to stop speaking. So, I pray that I never stop feeling it, and that somehow I am still relatable. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you realize your influence matters to someone. We all have a purpose and you may be someone's reason for realizing theirs. 

Have a blessed, safe, and healthy week everyone.


DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts