Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Daily BITUB- “I’m Afraid”

"I'm Afraid"

One scene in Rocky hits me so hard every time. Adrian asks Rocky what is wrong with him and he says, "I'm afraid all right! You want to hear me say it? You want to break me down? All right, I'm afraid. For the first time in my life, I'm afraid." She goes on to tell him she's afraid too. That it's ok to be afraid. That's it's human to feel it. That when all is said and done it's what he believes. Isn't that the truth? No matter what is happening around us we have to believe we are capable of handling it. Nobody will be able to convince us of what we can be, of who we are, of what we are capable of. It's on us. Do we believe it? Does it matter to us? Adrian goes on to tell him, "You were a champion, and you did what you were expected to do, and you did what I and everybody else thought you should do. And you wanna tell me that those fights weren't real, that you were carried? Well I don't believe it! But it doesn't matter what I believe because you're the one that's got to carry that fear around inside you, afraid that everybody's going to take things away and afraid that you're going to be remembered as a coward, that you're not a man anymore. Well, none of it's true! But it doesn't matter if I tell you. It doesn't matter, because you're the one that's gotta settle it." Every day we get to chose what we will do. We get to stand up and take it and move forward or we don't. Whatever you are facing it's on you to face it. Go get it. Make it matter. Trust that you are enough. Face the fear. Stop letting others control you and start controlling yourself. Nobody knows what's important to you like you do. The scene finishes with the most real words you can hear. Rocky: "And if I lose?" Adrian: "Then you lose. But at least you lose with no excuses, no fear. And I know you can live with that."

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is from Ephesians 6:12. 

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Have a blessed day ahead everyone. 


David "DC" Carrizales

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts