Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Daily BITUB- “Happy”

You are happy you just don't know it. We tend to base our happiness off of the next thing, and it makes us forget about our current joy. The minute we achieve something we are off to the next and our overall level of expectation is immediately increased. I heard something this week about expectation. Someone said we often chase after that feeling we first had when we first got something. Our first love, our first kiss, our first car, our first job, our first raise, our first met goal. We want that first feeling and we don't realize we have already changed the meter that first feeling was set at. So hence we miss the joys, the gratitude, the opportunities to be happy because we have set unrealistic emotions around what we deem happiness to be. I once took myself through a series of emotions trying to place my finger on what I needed things to be like. I went back to the moment I graduated college thinking about my first job offer. When I was told what I would make I thought man what I can do with that. Then 25 years later I realized my need for more created a cycle where no matter what that offer was it wasn't going to be enough. I have allowed the next thing to cloud my current one and so I create a thought that I can't be happy unless... Unless I have more, unless I get the promotion, unless I have a bigger house, better car, more time, more friends. The list can go on and on. When I stopped myself from thinking that way I realized something. I had all I needed. I had the things necessary to work, to provide, to get from place to place. More importantly I realized I have way more. I have another day God allowed me to wake up. I have plenty of time if I spend it wisely. I have opportunity to want less and give more. I have benchmarks I have met I set for myself years ago. I have friends that care for me, a family that loves me, and no matter the situation a God who felt me worthy enough to allow His son to die for me. I can't tell you what it is that creates happiness for you, I can only share my thoughts, but if you want to be happy take a moment to look around you, to think differently, to appreciate the moments, the good in life and you might just find you are already happy you just forgot how to be.

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you allow yourself  to be happy. That you take a moment to realize as bad as life gets there is always something, and in that we realize even in our darkest moments there are blessings.

Have a blessed day.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts