Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Daily BITUB- “Masks”

Yesterday my wife had put a note and a Stevia package by the coffee pot for me. The Stevia package has little inspiring notes on them, and this one said "The real you is the best you." It made me smile. It made me reflect on many moments, thoughts, and feelings as of late. I have always fought to find the real me. As days go by we find that our lives and God's plans for them change, and sometimes they aren't aligned. It's on us to align them. For me that means I am often still searching, but now I'm finding lights in, and at the end, of every tunnel I'm going through these days. I've spent a lot of times hiding behind things. I believe we've all hid behind something a time or two. We all wear our masks. Those masks can come in many forms... anger, depression, fear, doubt, addiction, denial. Those masks can cause problems that rear their ugly head when we least expect it. We wear those to hide ourselves from ourselves. Our masks often give others comfort. We think that's a good thing, until it's not. They portray a strength that we can handle life, until we can't. They represent a different kind of life we may hope others will think we are living. It's hard to take off those masks, but God wants us to be us. He created us in His image so that we may strive to be like Him. While life won't always be easy and you will want to reach for those masks again, the hope is you accept the help, the prayers, the truths, the comforts, the blessings God provides, and as the note says realize "The real you is the best you."

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you are able to have the courage to take off that mask and let others see you for you. You are a beautiful child of God and while He does and always will see you He wants others to see you as well. 

Have a blessed day. 

DC
"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

Follow Me:

Website:
Twitter:
FB:
Believe in the Unbelievable Page
Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts