Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Daily BITUB- “You wanted to tell me something.”

I could tell You wanted to tell me something, but I was in a hurry and didn't pay attention. 

I was so happy with life that I didn't bother to give You any thanks. Then things changed. Things started to unravel. Things started to fall apart. I knew You wanted to show me the way, but I was too busy complaining about where I was to notice. I couldn't hear You over my frustration. I couldn't see You because I was too blinded by the negativity around me… The negativity I was putting out. What did You want from me? What were You trying to do to me? I failed to see the blessings You kept putting in my path. I stopped reading Your word. I didn't care what You thought of me. I waited so long that I felt embarrassed to come to You after all that time. Yet, I kept asking You to answer my prayers and time and time again I refused to accept the way You were answering them. I was ungrateful. 

I could tell You wanted to tell me something, but I was so wrapped up in what wasn't going right I missed all the things that were. 

I missed the small glimpses of light You provided me because my eyes wouldn't stop focusing on the dark. I refused to let You in because I didn't feel You wanted to be there anymore. I felt alone, lost, scared, hurt. I stopped going to church, stopped having faith, stopped giving thanks. I didn't understand why You would still come get me. I didn't want to accept that You were still there. 

I could tell You wanted to tell me something, but I was so tired I didn't pay attention. 

Yet, you kept on. You kept calling out. You kept showing me signs. You kept giving me Your Grace. I thought you were gone, but You were always there. You didn't care that I wasn't. You didn't care that I didn't listen. You didn't want me to go back and make up for what I missed. You only cared about now. You handed me back my faith. You gave me my strength. You loved me unconditionally even though I didn't deserve it. 

I could tell You wanted to tell me something, and this time I decided to just listen to You.

I heard You. I really heard you. You wanted me to be better, to lay down my burdens, to help me carry this cross. After all this time, you wanted me to see my blessings. To just see You.

Then I realized it...  All You ever wanted was me.

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you allow God in. He isn't going anywhere and it's never too late. He is the truth, the way and the light.

Have a blessed day! 

DC
"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

Follow Me:

Website:
Twitter:
FB:
Believe in the Unbelievable Page
Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts