Monday, June 1, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Praying for Peace”

"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else." (1 Thessalonians 5:15)

Yesterday someone asked me why I hadn't posted anything about George Floyd and the protests. I thought about it and said, "Honestly what can I say?" I am saddened and angry by what happened to George Floyd. It is wrong and it is unacceptable. I agree 100% with the protests as we must insist on change, but am saddened and angry by the looting and violence. Yes, I want to do more. I don't understand the hate that is happening. Yes, I'm scared for my friends who have to deal with this. Yes, I'm scared for our country and for our future. Yes, I'm worried for the good police officers as I have family who have dedicated their lives to law enforcement. Right now what I'm doing is what I can. Talking to others to understand. Reading facts not fiction. Listening to others to provide comfort. Praying. Praying for our country, for my friends, for my family, for guidance, for understanding, for peace. There is no one answer right now. Everyone has their thoughts and will relate to this on entirely different levels and go about it on a path they have to take. A path that everyone will travel differently, but we must travel it. A path that will have hate, emotion, fear, anger, pain, joy, tears, comfort, truth. I was raised by my parents to love everyone. It didn't matter where you were from, your color, your background. I grew up doing just that and continue to do it. My wife and I are raising our kids to do the same, and that won't change. Nobody will change that as it is what we believe. It is our values. So, why haven't I said anything? I'm praying. I'm giving this to God. I'm hoping for peaceful resolution. I'm praying for reform, for change, for hearts to be filled with a desire for that resolution. I'm asking God to hold us close and help us see what we need to see. I'm asking to feel more, give more, trust more. I'm asking for a way and for light. Right now, more than ever, we need to know we are all God's children. We all matter. We all feel, dream, love, want, need in our way, but it's a way. Nobody's way is better than another. I know that. I feel many know it. I feel others want to know it. So, I'll keep praying that somewhere and somehow we all simply come to know God has no favorites, as we are all EQUALLY His children. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you are paying attention to every opportunity you have to impact and influence what you control and what is around you... Your interactions, your family, your faith, your heart, your mind. May it be filled with the good God sees in each and every one of us.

Have a blessed, healthy and safe week everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts