Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Missed Opportunities”

Missed opportunities are tough to deal with. I think about all the missed moments I had to serve others. I think about my failures as a Christian to stand up for people. I think about the times I didn't stop to help someone because I was running late. I think about the times I put my own needs in front of others. I think of the moments I took the easy path because I didn't want to stop, teach, support. My own agenda was more important. It's disappointing how few I let myself remember. Yet, it's funny how I remember all the times someone didn't help me. I remember when I've been wronged. I remember when someone put me on the back burner. I remember grudges I held for years, forgiveness I refused to give, and the damaged relationships my pride wouldn't allow me to heal. How often we forget how we fall short. It's just so much easier to deflect. Easier to focus on others than to look at ourselves. Yet, lately as I've sat and reflected on what I haven't done my focus has shifted to what I can do moving forward. I can't change those things, but I can do my best to have an awareness of the opportunities to be better. We are all works in progress, but we have to be willing to put in the work. We have to reflect, we have to be honest with ourselves, we can't make excuses, or be so quick to let ourselves off the hook. We are accountable for our actions. We are responsible for all of it. Be it good or bad, if we are intentional in being true to others we have to first start by being true to ourselves. Maybe then we won't have so many missed opportunities to be better, to be good, and to serve others. Maybe then as we reflect will find just how beautiful life is when everyone does their best to help others be at their best. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you cherish your opportunities and give thanks to God for your moments to help and serve others.

Have a blessed, safe, and healthy day everyone. 

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts