Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Positive Thoughts”

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." - Willie Nelson 

What if you took the good in your day and built on that? How many times do you think of every bad thing that has happened and just throw out the good? My son started playing golf this year. He gets down on himself and frustrated. For you golfers, I already apologized to him for introducing him to the most frustrating sport ever. On Sunday during his tournament what we decided to do was focus on the good on every hole. To think about the good shots not the bad ones. We would put his energy there and encourage him to remember what he did, how it felt, and take those positive thoughts and duplicate them. It seems simple enough, but we are all guilty of focusing all our attention on what we didn't do. Just as much as we've let what we don't have cloud what we do have. We look for greener grass. We may even travel that road in search of it only to come full circle and realize the greener grass we searched for we were standing on all along. I constantly remind myself to be positive, but in all honesty it doesn't always work that way. It's a journey of self reflection, awareness, and intentional choices. It's a constant desire to be a work in progress, but a realization and a belief that it's worth the work. So, at the end of the day I think about the good and I reflect on what I did, how it felt, and I will do my best to take those positive thoughts and duplicate them today.

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you find your good. You take your moments and you make them matter. You appreciate the silver linings and give all glory to God for another opportunity to be, to become, to share the abundance of good that exists in your life today and every day. 

Have a blessed, safe, and healthy day everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts