Thursday, August 6, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Share Your Story”

Back in 2012 I was standing in front of a group of students speaking about my life. I shared some personal experiences that helped mold me. Some of them were about hard lessons, and I felt sharing them might make a difference. That vulnerability is not easy to do, but sometimes it is necessary in order to allow others to understand it's ok. I remember after that talk that one of the students came up and said "thank you for that." There was nothing else said. I don't know what exactly it was that hit them, but honestly it didn't matter. Fast forward to yesterday. I was talking to a friend who was going through some things. Some self doubt, some bad choices, some hurt people. I felt compelled to share some of my experiences. Stories of anxiety, fear, hurt. Moments were my low self esteem made me do things in hopes others would pay attention to me. They did, but for the wrong reasons. I have personal goals that often battle with my personal demons. Sometimes those demons win and I digress. I have had years where I fought falling into a place that I hid in for years. A place where I would fake my way through my days in hopes I could just get through it. Thing is every day is truly another day to reset and redo. You can't undo things, but you can be responsible for your actions and you can work to be better. You can work to earn trust, to be trustworthy, to show genuine concern for others and to influence them and yourself positively. Everyone's journey is different, but what isn't is the ability to influence the outcome of it. You may wake up every single day with a feeling like today is going to be hard, or you can wake up today knowing it is, but confident you can get through it. You've made it here, and you'll make it there. Life is full of intimate moments and experiences where you will find others have already been there. Share your stories. Share your lessons. It's not a weakness to tell someone what you've faced. It's a strength that shows you faced it, and it may be exactly what someone needs to hear to understand they can too. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you know there are people who need your story and those that need to share theirs. That we don't judge, but rather we listen. We listen, encourage, embrace and pray for them and with them.

Have a blessed, safe and healthy day everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts