Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Opportunities to Care”

Many years ago I sat across from someone who really intimidated me. I remember it vividly. I was a new leader and they were 3 levels above me and what I quickly notice was they knew it. I sat back and listened to them speak to a group ready to pick up some nuggets. It didn't happen. I could have walked away dismayed because all I learned was their accolades, but instead I learned I didn't want to ever be like that. I listen to a lot of motivational videos and one I heard several years ago by TD Jakes resonated with me. He said, "you have to remember those that helped you on your journey and then help others on theirs. Reciprocity. You get what you give." When I think back on moments there is so much clarity now, but we don't see that in those moments. We miss opportunities to help people, to support one another, to give thanks. It's easy to do and I'm certain I still do it often. Yet, I continue to do my best to be aware of how my actions affect others. Not just in work either. It's not something we turn off and on. It's something we focus on and work on constantly. It's self realization of shortcomings and it's leaving our pride at the door when we need help from others. What has impressed me the most over the years has been people not only interested in position, tools, techniques, talent, but people who are also sincerely interested in others. Overall we could all take a lesson in service. There are people right now all around us who need our support. Who need understanding. Who need our faith, thoughts, and prayers. There are people in our lives that want nothing more than for us to listen and to care. Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question... What are you doing for others?" I truly believe today, more than ever, that's a question we could all benefit from asking ourselves and then be open and honest with our answer. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you ask for help if you need it. That you recognize others in need. That you find a moment to lend a hand or at least put your hands together and pray for all those who need us to.

Have a blessed, healthy and safe day everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts