Monday, October 12, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Pay Attention”

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:12-13

Are you paying attention to who is around you? There will always be people willing to tell you what you want to hear. They will agree with you, let you move down wrong paths, and maybe even celebrate things that shouldn't be celebrated. Pay attention. Those people you push away for giving you tough love, telling you what you don't want to hear, questioning your judgment are the ones you really want in your life. True and honest relationships allow intimacy at levels that reveal a vulnerability that is necessary for  growth. It isn't easy to hear your areas of opportunity, but if we truly care for each other than we must help each other see what we don't want to see. I've learned over the years that I let real relationships go because I was angry at things I was told about myself. I didn't want to hear that. I didn't want to accept that I had issues, made bad choices, drank too much, had anger issues, was closed off. I mean who wants to hear that? We only want to hear the good. That is until the real outweighs the pretend and we have to deal with reality. A reality that proves to be too much for those that really weren't our friends. Left standing with us are those who have been wanting to help us all along. The ones who have pushed on with us, carried us, cried with and for us, prayed for us, and refused to stand quietly by when we needed them to speak up. Our blessings. So, who is around you today? Who are you letting influence you? Who really matters, and why do they? 

Pay attention. 

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you give thanks for the ones who love you enough to risk losing you by telling you the things you don't want to hear, but need to hear. They are blessings. 

Have a blessed, safe, and healthy week everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts