Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Daily BITUB- “Pride and Opportunity”

"By pride comes nothing but strife. But with the well advised is wisdom" (Proverbs 13:10) 

I would get this nervous feeling in my gut every time I felt like I couldn't meet someone's expectations. I used to have this sense of disappointment coupled with a flight mentality. I thought it easier to walk away then to at least try. That sense of hopelessness can be overwhelming. You don't know what to do so you do nothing. You are essentially throwing in the towel on a fight you haven't even started. It took years of trials, fighting low self esteem, trust issues, blaming of others, and intentional refocusing of that negative energy to realize we all fall short sometimes. That falling short wasn't near as bad as a failure to even begin. Yet, as I dug deeper I realized it wasn't a fear of failure at all. It was all the good that scared me the most. Now I had things to live up to and pride wouldn't allow me to take on anything that I didn't feel I would "win".  I didn't appreciate the moments to grow, and I was completely missing the point of living. Missing the value of a lesson, the joy in the pain, and the comfort of knowing I could do better next time... If I just allowed a first time. I still get that nervous feeling, but it's more a feeling that reminds me that it matters and it's important to me. That starting simply allows me the opportunity to finish. 

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you don't allow your fear to hold you back. That you hold on to experience and have the courage to leap at life in faith.

Have a blessed, healthy, and safe day everyone.


DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts