“One Day”
One day, I’m going to wish I could have one of these ordinary days back.
One more morning. One more laugh with my family. One more conversation. One more hug. One more chance to look around at the people I love and realize just how blessed I really am.
That thought has changed the way I look at life.
I’ve reached a point where I don’t want to just get through the days anymore. I want to LOVE them. Not because life is perfect. Mine certainly hasn’t been. I’ve had incredible highs and some pretty difficult lows. I’ve experienced seasons that made me question things, moments that exhausted me, and days when I wondered how I was going to find the strength to keep moving forward. But maybe that’s exactly why I appreciate life differently today. I’m learning that life isn’t about waiting for everything to be perfect before you enjoy it. This is it. This is the life God gave me. And I don’t want to miss it. These days, happiness looks a little different to me. It’s looking across the room and seeing my wife and realizing how blessed I am to have someone walking through this crazy life beside me. It’s spending time with my son and daughter and wondering where all those years went. It’s laughing about something completely stupid until we can barely breathe. It’s a round of golf. A good conversation with an old friend. A hug that lasts a few seconds longer than usual. A phone call from someone I love. Sitting quietly and realizing, “Man… I’m blessed.”
I’ve spent enough of my life worrying about what’s next. Enough time replaying things I can’t change. Enough energy stressing over things I can’t control. I’m trying to be better about simply being present. Because someday I’m going to wish I could come back to some of these ordinary days. I’ll wish I could hear that laugh again. Have that conversation again. Sit around that table again. Play one more round. Give one more hug. So why wait until something becomes a memory before realizing how special it was? I want my wife to know how much I love doing life with her. I want my son and daughter to know how incredibly proud I am to be their dad. I want the people I care about to know they matter to me while I still have the opportunity to tell them. And I want God to know that even when I don’t understand every chapter He gives me, I’m grateful for the story.
These days my prayer is pretty simple:
“Thank You, God. For my family. For my friends. For another sunrise. For another opportunity. For another day to love the people You’ve put in my life.”
I don’t need a perfect life to love my life. I already have more reasons to be grateful than I could ever count. So I’m going to laugh a little louder. Hug a little tighter. Stay a little longer. Take the picture. Make the memory. Say “I love you.” And stop waiting for some future moment to appreciate what God has already placed right in front of me.
I love my life.
Not because every day has been easy… but because every day I’m given is another chance to live, love, laugh, serve, and make memories with the people who mean everything to me.
And that is more than enough.
Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer is that you all cherish the moments, even the small ones, that fill your days. God is working and He is great!
Have a great week ahead everyone.
Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC
Purposeful Pathways
DC
No comments:
Post a Comment