Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Gpa”

"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

94 years... 

It seems surreal. Going to Taylor I just expect to come see you. To laugh, to eat, to visit with you and fam. I just loved being around you. Loved playing poker, drinking, dominoes. I felt safe. Like there was nothing else happening in the world. That there time didn't matter. We just got to be us. We got to be your grandkids. You were my Gpa... One of my best friends. Some of my happiest memories. 

This time though, it will be a different visit. It will hurt. It will feel empty. We will miss you. We will mourn you. We will cry for you. We will pray for you. We will also celebrate you and your life. That's what you would want. I know you are still going to watch over us as you always have. I know we will see you again so it's not goodbye, but rather see you when I see you. There are no words to describe who you were to so many. So, I'll just say... Save us a seat Gpa. We will laugh, drink, play again. Today, and for many days to come, I'm just going to take a deep breath, and I will give thanks to God for everything He let us have with you. I know He came down and took you by the hand and put it in Grandma's, and now while we may mourn, we will smile and feel joy knowing you are home. 

Love you Gpa.


DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts