Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Daily BITUB- “Encourage”

There was a time in a golf tournament I found myself encouraging a competitor. They were struggling, but I knew they had more in them. It was easy to do, because I knew their performance would more than likely elevate mine. Think about that. Isn't it true, more often than not, who we surround ourselves with influences how we are? I know people who are only happy when they are negative. Their influence is to create, to point out, to encourage problems. Then they flee leaving others to either figure it out or worse, fend for themselves. When we work to bring others down we unintentionally bring ourselves down. The bar is lowered and nobody benefits. Over my career I have been honored to train, develop and work with individuals who I sometimes ended up working for. They made me better and taught me the value in building relationships that mattered. The focus never changed. We continued to encourage each other. It was a desire to reciprocate service. My goal has always been to surround myself with people who want to lift others up. They care about the success of others. They care about the personal and professional aspirations of others. It's that instinctual desire to grow through the development of others we often miss. There are many opportunities to motivate, inspire and encourage. Why wouldn't we take advantage of those moments? Why wouldn't we lend a hand, fill a heart, be a shoulder? Not everyone we meet will be a positive influence. As I've said before don't focus on the negative that may surround you, but be grateful for the positive you can bring that resonates beyond you. Then, "let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together... but let us encourage one another." (Hebrews 10:24-25) 

Yes, let us.

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you encourage others to be their best. That you have faith that the intent of those around you is to do the same. After all faith in others is a building block for hope. 

Have a blessed, healthy and safe day everyone.

DC

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts