Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Daily BITUB- “Calm”

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else" - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan. 

I was sitting in my office late yesterday afternoon and couldn't help but realize how calm I felt. Sure there are fires to be put out. There are opportunities to improve. There are challenges around every corner. Yet, I sat calm realizing the comfort of having such a strong team around me. People who want to win. People who fight through each storm. I've been in this business 23 years. I've seen great leaders and not so great leaders. I've questioned why I wanted to do what I do. I remember a great mentor of mine telling me that taking on the responsibility of other's success ties you to them. It makes you want success for them and their families. It makes you want to help them reach, and then exceed their potential... And there will be moments that keeps you up at night. I've seen other job opportunities come and go. I've been offered get quick rich schemes, big job opportunities, and "to good to be true" offers. Thing is, I've also been there and done that. I've chased a living and not lived. I missed family events to close a sale. I've even lost myself a time or two. Where I am in life is different today. I am in a place where loyalty matters to me. Yet, I am also ok if someone we helped when they needed it moves on. You sincerely wish them well and hope you gave them something to take with them. Service to others gets me up in the morning, and a desire to reinvent continuously to better the lives of those around me drives me until I go to sleep at night. It's the realization that you are no longer working, you are building, growing, developing, helping, creating a better life for others, and in turn finding comfort and satisfaction in the opportunity to do so. So, as I shut it down yesterday to leave the office... I gave thanks for the blessing of where I am, for my Etech family, for the journey I have been on, the people that have taught me, the ones teaching me now, my team, and my calm.

Believe In The Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is that you find that calm. That you find something you love to build upon, and you find ways to do all you can to serve others.

Have a blessed, safe, and healthy day everyone.


David "DC" Carrizales

"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts