Thursday, June 20, 2024

Daily BITUB- “Anxiety”

"Anxiety" 

I've read a lot of posts, emails, and had discussions with people about anxiety. Mostly because I've been open about my personal experiences with it. Questions like, "How do I deal with this?", "How do I stop worrying about things that haven't even happened? ", "How do I get my mind to shut off?" Let's face it these are anxious times. It's easy to be filled with anxiety over all the things we are hearing, reading, and seeing. We have total access to anything at anytime. It is easy to feel the impact in our lives even when some of those things don't affect us directly. That coupled with the things that actually do can be tough. The stress can overwhelm you if you allow yourself to focus on what you don't control instead of what you do. I know, easier said than done. What I've learned over the years is how quickly we jump to conclusions about a situation, a person, even ourselves. Thing is, we don't know other's situations. They don't know ours. So, don't base your thinking on what others are doing. Don't be so quick to assume intent. Don't let the anxiety guide you. Think about where you are and what you must do. You know what needs to happen for your circumstances. Nobody will decide those things for you. Put your focus on what matters. Put your energy into what you can influence and what you will control. You may find yourself reassessing the situation often. It's not going to be easy, but none of this is. As much as I don't want to be anxious I get anxious. As much as I don't want to worry I do. I worry about my family, my friends, my ability to support, help, guide, listen. Jack Nicklaus once said, "Concentration is a fine antidote to anxiety." So, I concentrate on the good, the positive, the impact of my actions. I do what I can that is in my control. If I don't understand someone, or feel the need to gather information I ask questions. Then I don't judge. I treat others with kindness, because we all need that. We all need support, encouragement, love. At the end of the day we can be anxious or we can influence the outcome for the greater good. There is no silver bullet, but we can pray with and for each other.  It's really that simple, and breaking it down certainly eases the anxiety in as much as it can be eased. 

Believe in the Unbelievable that is YOU and my prayer for you today is from Philippians 4: 6-9. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Have a great day ahead everyone. 

David "DC" Carrizales

Purposeful Pathways 


"All things are possible if you believe." Mark 9:23

 

Follow Me:


Website:

Believe In The Unbelievable

Twitter:

@DCBITUB

FB:

Believe in the Unbelievable Page

@BITUBDC

Little Boy, Big Dreams LLC Page

@littleboybigdreams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Most Frequented Posts